Farmington Maine Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location of Farmington, Maine FHC on Map
Address: 141 Woodfield Dr Farmington, ME 04938
- From Center Bridge take Rt. 4 north to the stoplight at Main and Broadway. *Turn right. After a block Broadway changes to Perham Street (Same street). Go straight about a mile. You will see the church sign on the right, and then Green Acres Apartments . Woodfield Drive is across the road on the left. It is hard to see as you approach. The chapel is at the end of the dead end street. Take the first driveway to the first door on your left. Sign is by the sidewalk. we are usually open even if there is no car. Try the door.
- Language: English
- Tuesday: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Wednesday: By appointment
- Thursday: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Saturday: By appointment
Extended closing from December 20th to January 3rd. Closed when RSU #9 calls off school and sometimes the day after.
Closed all holidays:
Calendar and Events
- By request
Staff Training Meetings
- Town Histories
- Cemetery Records
- Family Histories
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
- This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Many microfilm on site of Maine towns with an emphasis on Franklin County
- A large collection of Pedigree Charts with an index
- Two databases of Maine Old Cemetery Association records.
Databases and Software
- This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 4 computers, 1 printer/copier, 1microfilm reader and 1microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
- Local and Maine History
- Computer research
Resources in the Local Area
- Farmington Public Library has a room dedicated to Family History Records
- UMF Mantor Library has some records
- Franklin County Court House has probate and land records
Volunteer at the Center
Would welcome volunteers from the community that could regularly give their time.