Finding British World War I Records in the Family History Library Collection
The Family History Library has copies of the World War I records known as Burnt Docs (WO 363) and Unburnt Docs (WO 361) and a collection of misplaced documents (WO 364). You can find the microfilm number(s) for these records in the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Go to familysearch website.
- Click the Library tab.
- Click FamilySearch Catalog.
- Type Great Britain and click Search.
- Click Great Britain in the search results.
- Scroll down and click the topic Military records - Army - World War, 1914-1918.
- Click on one of the titles Military records of the British Army, 1914-1920.
- Click View Film Notes to see the microfilm numbers.