Finland, New Collection of Accounts (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 What is in the Collection?
- 3 Collection Contents
- 4 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 5 For Help Reading These Records
- 6 What Do I Do Next?
- 7 I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For, Now What?
- 8 Related Websites
- 9 Related Wiki Articles
- 10 How You Can Contribute
- 11 Citing this Collection
Title in the Language of the Record
Finland, Den Nyare Räkenskapssmlingen, 1635-1809 (Swedish)
Suomi, Uudempi Tilikirjakokoelma, 1635-1809 (Finnish)
What is in the Collection?
The collection consists of accounts containing general documents, transactions, administration, military and ecclesiastical records, provincial accounts, mostly land records and retractions, verification books incl. mill and livestock tax lists and census lists. The records cover the years 1635 to 1809.
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
Content of the records varies. You may find any of the following:
- Name or names of primary individuals
- Date and nature of the court case
- Names of family members or witnesses
- Description of property
- Monies exchanged
- Birth, death or marriage details
How Do I Search the Collection?
To begin your search it is helpful to know
- Name of your ancestor
- Identifying information such as residence
To search the collection
⇒ Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒ Select the "Description" which takes you to the images.
Look at each image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Swedish so you will need to be able to understand written Swedish. For help with reading the records, please see the following wiki articles:
What Do I Do Next?
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors. For example:
For example, use the name and parish of residence to search for baptism, confirmation, marriage and death records in the church records
I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For, Now What?
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for nicknames and abbreviated names.
- Look for an index. There are often indexes at the beginning of each volume.
- Search the indexes and records of nearby parishes and communities.
Related Wiki Articles
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing this Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- “Finland, New Collection of Accounts, 1635-1809.” Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Citing National Archives Service of Finland, Helsinki, Finland.
|The image citation will be available once the collection is published.|