| Finland Online Genealogy Records |
These are genealogy links to Finland online databases to assist in researching your family history. This Online Collection has links to online databases and indexes that may include birth records, marriage records, death records, biographies, cemeteries, censuses, histories, immigration records, land records, maps, military records, native races, newspapers, obituaries, or probate records.
Ancestry.com, FindMyPast.com, and MyHeritage.com can be searched free of charge at your local Family History Center or the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah.
| Church Records and Vital Records
Births, Baptisms, or Christenings; Confirmations; Marriages; Deaths or Burials
- HisKi Project, The Genealogical Society of Finland Index. Incomplete.
- Finland's Family History Association Church Records, ($). Images, no index. In Finnish. Incomplete.
- Digihakemisto Digitized Church, Court, and other Records (free), In Finnish, Swedish
- DISBYT Finland--submitted by members of DIS - Computer Genealogy Society of Sweden. Index. Incomplete.
- Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Parish Records, Finnish National Archives. 1527-100 years ago (privacy restrictions apply.) Index. Incomplete. Enter the name of the town, city, or parish in the free word search.
- Finnish Military Parishes, Finnish National Archives. 1800's-early 1900's Index. Incomplete. Enter the name of the town, city, or parish in the free word search.
- Finland Orthodox Church Archives, Finnish National Archives. 1700's to 1900's. Index. Incomplete. Enter the name of the town, city, or parish in the free word search.
Please note that the following collections, while covering the same time periods, are not duplicate databases. Each should be searched to guarantee coverage of all currently available records. These are growing collections, and should be searched again in the future. Ancestry.com and MyHeritage.com can be searched free of charge at your local Family History Center or the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah.
| Census Records
- Henkikirjat (Census Records), Finnish National Archives, 1634-100 years ago (privacy restrictions apply.) Online English translators are next to useless when applied to the census page. If you wish to use them, census translates as "Spirit of the Book". This URL is set to bring up a general census page. Click on the red link "Henkirkujat" on the far left. Next click the desired archive office. In the center of the page, click on a red "Sarjat" link. Then click on "Henkirkujat" again and you will see a list of the years of different censuses available. Click on the year desired. Next find the red link "Aineisto on talletettu digitaaliarkistoon". Next you will get a chart of page numbers and you can begin searching.
Emigration, Immigration, and Passenger Lists
- Siirtolaisuusinstituutti Migrationinstituti. FULL SEARCH ($), limited search (free).
- Karkotetut suomalaiset Siperiassa autonomian aikana (Finnish Exiled in Siberia), 1809-1917.
- Russians Immigrating to the United States, 1834-1897, ($). Records of 527,394 passengers who arrived at the United States between 1834 through 1897 and identified their country of origin or nationality as Armenia, Finland, Galicia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Russian Poles, or Ukraine. Index. Incomplete.