Firth Idaho Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Firth Idaho Family History Center has been very popular
- 1 Location:
- 2 Contact Information:
- 3 Hours of Operation:
- 4 Holiday Schedule:
- 5 Calendar and Events
- 6 Center Resources
- 7 Free Access to Premium Online Websites:
- 8 Collections
- 9 Databases and Software
- 10 Hardware and Equipment
- 11 Center Services
- 12 Resources in the Local Area
- 13 Links and Outside Resources: (more links to come)
- 14 Volunteer at the Center
- 744 N. 600 E., Firth, Idaho, 83236
- Location Map
- Directors: LaRita and Michael and Hannie☀
- Phone: 208-680-8787
- E-mail: ID_Firth@ldsmail.net
Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am-12:00pm
- Closed the last 2 weeks in December
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Free Access to Premium Online Websites:
- Find My Past,
- Godfrey Memorial Library,
- Heritage Quest Online,
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive,
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War,
- The Genealogist,
- Historical Map Works Library Edition,
- World Vital Records, and much more.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- 13 Large Screen Patron Computers (recent models)
- 1 Multi-use black and white printer (color scanner and b/w printer)
- High definition scanner for quality image saving and uploading
- Overhead Projector and large screen (for easy classroom instruction)
- WiFi High Speed Internet access through out building for patron computer
- Classroom style tables with computers for easy setup
- Wall Chalkboard for group analysis of ideas
- misc equipment
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
- Relative Finder - Check here to discover how you are related the Famous and Infamous locally and around the world. It's a Small World!
- Create Fan / Tree Seek - Take a few minutes and see your family in a 9 Generation Colored Fan Chart, 9 Generation B/W Pedigree Chart and much more!
- Puzzilla.org will have you mesmerized as you see your direct ancestors lined up for 12 generations and then their descendants come spinning back towards you!
- Grandma's Pie - A visit here will help you visualize where your ancestors came from around the globe. You'll be surprised at the relatives you have in unfamiliar lands!
- History Lines - This program will bring to life the history of a family member and show the world they lived in during their lifetime. And yes you can add and edit your stories into the mix!
- Find A Record - This is the fastest way to analyze your tree and help you find the missing and incorrect information. Then it takes you directly to the FamilySearch record for your review and input!
- Sandbox Training - FamilySearch has a detailed, simple step by step training system to help you become an expert a very short time... You'll be amazed at how fast you learn and share with others!
- Master Story Interview Questions - Download this 4 page pdf file, print and take with you whenever you visit family. You will end up with the most amazing family stories to upload to your memories folder!
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)