Fishers Indiana Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Hardware and Equipment
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 777 Sunblest Blvd Fishers, IN 46038
Phone: No phone at present, however you may Call or Text the Temple and Family History Consultants:
- Frank Merrill: 317-590-4810 or Lexi Merrill: 317-457-9745
- Tuesday: 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Wednesday: 12:00pm-8:00pm
- Thursday: 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Other hours by appointment: Contact your Ward Temple and Family History Consultants - Center
Closed all major holidays and closed for weather problems. If Hamilton County Schools are closed or when there are travel or weather advisories for Hamilton County, we are closed also.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Staff Training is the 3rd Friday each Month and is for all Staff, including Volunteers, and anyone with a Ward Temple and Family History Consultant calling is welcome to attend. It is from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM in the Fishers Family History Center. Exceptions will be in December and January...we will not be meeting those months.
- Get access to billions of records! FamilySearch’s Microfilm Ordering service is your gateway to a vast collection of genealogical and historical records. The service allows you to reserve and loan films to family history centers and affiliate libraries. The loan is free, but there is a small shipping and handling charge for each film. Ordering is simple: To order films from FamilySearch, consult the Family Search website. Go to: Catalog to search for a microfilm or microfiche that you want to order. To order, click on the link for online ordering at: Films. Sign in using your FamilySearch Account. If you do not have an account, you may register for a free account. Locate the microfilm number(s) you want to order from the Family History Library Catalog located on FamilySearch.org. Note: Before ordering any film, check to make sure the Family History Library Catalog does not have a digital copy online. Select your loan type, enter the microfilm number, and click Search. Repeat this step for additional items. When you are ready to submit your loan order, click the shopping cart in the upper right portion of the screen. You will then have a chance to review and confirm your order.. Select Fishers Indiana Family History Center as the destination for your microfilm. After you submit your order, all films will be delivered to the Fishers Indiana Family History Center.
- See the Microfilm Collection available at this Center at: Microfilm Collection, then go to "Search These Family History Centers" and click on Fishers Indiana Family History Center to see the collections.
- Several hundred books are also available on microfiche.
Databases and Software
This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, including, but not limited to:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War Research Database (Containing Letters and Diaries - Images, Photographs, Posters, and Ephemera and Social and Cultural History and Women and Social Movements in the United States)
- American Ancestors - Library rights
- Ancestry.com - Institution Versions: U.S., Australia, Canada, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom
- ArkivDigital Online
- findmypast - Institution Version
- Fold3.com (Previously known as Footnote.com)
- Kinpoint - Premium
- MyHeritage - Library Edition
- Newspaper Archive
- Paper Trail
- ProQuest Obituary Listings
- Puzzilla.org - Premium Services
Other programs available to use:
- World Vital Records-All content has been added to MyHeritage.com
- Ancestral Quest 14
- Ancestral Quest Collaboration
- Charting Companion
- FamilySearch Indexing
- Genelines - Universal Edition
- Generation Maps
- Google Earth and Google Maps
- Legacy Family Tree Deluxe
- MagiKey Family Tree
- Map My Family Tree
- Ordinance Tracker
- PAF Companion
- Personal Historian
- RootsMagic 7
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers and Headphones
- Microfilm/microfiche Readers
- Digital Imaging System to copy and digitize microfilm/microfiche records.
- Flatbed Scanner to copy and digitize photos, slides, negatives, and documents.
- Lexmark Scanner that has the ability to scan photos and documents directly into Family Tree.
- Free Wifi for personal computers and tablets.
Staff Research Specialties
One-on-one help in FamilySearch.org, and using the Premium Websites and Data Programs listed.
Resources in the Local Area
Hamilton County Public Library
Volunteer at the Center
We are always looking for volunteers! If you have a desire, we have a time slot for you, whether it is once a month or more! Read a foreign language? We have need of volunteers who can translate text/documents for patrons. If you can volunteer for this, please contact us also!