Florida, United States Genealogy
United States Florida
|Florida Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Florida ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Florida became the twenty-seventh state admitted to the United States in March 3, 1845. Florida was created form Florida Territory and is located in the southeast region of the United States.
Getting Started with Florida Research
Links to articles on getting started with Florida research.
Florida Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Florida research.
Florida Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Florida Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Cyndi's List - Florida genealogy sites on the internet
- Florida Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Florida
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Florida
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Florida genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Florida
- Florida Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Every Name Index
- Wikipedia contributors, "Florida" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida (accessed 15 March 2016).