Galveston Texas Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources: 5 Computers for research, 2 printers. One working Manual Microfilm reader and a manual microfisch reader.
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 3300 77th ST Galveston Tx 77551 United States
- Family History Center entrance southeast corner of the building
- Tuesday:11am-2pm by appointment only with 2 day notice
- Thursday:11am-2pm by appointment only with 2 day notice
- Saturday: 10am-1pm by appointment only with 2 day notice
- Sunday: Closed for Sunday Church Services only"
Closed all major holidays and the Wednesdays before Thanksgiving and the weeks of Christmas and New Years.:
Also will be closed the Week of July 6-11th due to other Church activities planned.
Please email the Galveston FHC Director for additional information at ValMaeeb53@yahoo.com or call after 5pm to 409 771 0091 to reach Sister Valeria M. Busby the Director of the Family History Center..
You may also call 512-914-3844 To speak to the ward missionary.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Center Resources: 5 Computers for research, 2 printers. One working Manual Microfilm reader and a manual microfisch reader.
Collections: include some microfisch, microfilms and a few volumes of the Lakeview and other local cemetery lists from the local Genealogical Societies.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Rosenberg Library, the only Public Library in Galveston TX 409 763-8854 has some History and general book resources on Genealogy and Galveston TX history.
For more information on the Galveston TX Genealogical Society: www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txgalves/
For the Texas City Ancestor Searchers: www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txtcas/
Volunteer at the Center
Enthusiastic & dependable volunteers always welcome and appreciated. Free training provided.