Garnison, Oslo, Norway Genealogy
Guide to Garnison, Norway ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records
Microfilm at the Family History Library contain parish registers from Garnison parish in Oslo city. Was established in 1823 when Oslo Palace (Slottsmenigheten) and Oslo prison parishes were combined. Included the prison and fortress penitentiary until 1838. For earlier records for Oslo Palace (Slottsmenigheten) see Vestre Aker clerical district.
Images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet.
Akershus Slotts parish was created as an independent parish according to Royal resolution May 6, 1823, combined with Tugthus parish and called Garnison parish. The Central Administrations civil servants should belong to Vor Frelser parish. Akershus Slott parish had previously been part of Aker jurisdiction. Tukthus parish was split off in 1838.
Garnison congregation was discontinued with the Royal resolution February 11, 1938 and the fortress area was added to Domkirken (Vor Frelser).
The church records from 1734-1828 include Akershus Slottsmenighet. Before 1734 the records will be found in Aker clerical district.