Georgia, United States Genealogy
United States Georgia
|Georgia Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Georgia ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Georgia became the fourth state admitted to the United States in January 2, 1788. Georgia was created from Province of Georgia and is located in the southeast region of the United States.
Getting Started with Georgia Research
Links to articles on getting started with Georgia research.
Georgia Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Georgia research.
Georgia Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Georgia Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Cyndi's List - Georgia genealogy sites on the internet
- Georgia Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Georgia
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Georgia
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Georgia genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Georgia
- Georgia Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Every Name Index
- Wikipedia contributors, "Georgia" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia (accessed 15 March 2016).