Glazeley and Deuxhill, Shropshire Genealogy
Guide to Deuxhill and Glazeley, Shropshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Glazeley and Deuxhill, Shropshire|
|Poor Law Union||Bridgnorth|
|Parish registers: 1634; See also records for Chetton|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1597|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Shropshire Record Office|
GLAZELEY, a parish, in the union of Bridgnorth,hundred of Stottesden, S. division of Shropshire, 3½ miles(S. by W.) from Bridgnorth. A discharged rectory, united, together with that of Deuxhill, in 1760, to the rectory of Chetton.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Deuxhill and Glazeley parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|DEUXHILL AND GLAZELEY PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Shropshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 298-301. Date accessed: 11 June 2012.
- 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 22 April 2014.
- 'Shropshire Baptisms 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- 'Shropshire Marriages 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- 'Shropshire Burials 1538-1900,' findmypast, accessed 28 April 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Shropshire, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 22 April 2014.
- 'Shropshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 9 September 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.