Glendale Arizona Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Glendale Arizona Family History center serves the area from Cheryl Lane to Maryland and 47th Avenue to 31st Avenue. Our center has 5 computers with access to in the internet and many valuable research sites. We also have the capablity of viewing and printiing Microfilm and Microfiche ordered through www.familysearch.org/films.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 8602 N 31st Avenue Phoenix AZ 85051 United States
- We are located between Dunlap Ave. and Butler Drive
- The building is just South of Cortez High School and Alta Vista Elementary schools
- Park in the back parking lot
- The entrance is located in the Southwest Corner of the church building
- The building doors are usually locked, but there is a bell in the upper right corner above the door.
- The Center door is the second door on the right before the two glass doors.
- Location Map
- Monday: 9 am to 12 pm
- Tuesday: 9 am to 12 pm
- Wednesday: 6 pm to 9 pm
- Thursday: 10 am to 2 pm
- Saturday: 9 am to 12 pm
- Closed November 23 to November 27 for Thanksgiving
- December 18 to January 2 For Christmas and New Years
- April 1 and 2 General Conference
- May 27 to May 29 For Memorial Day
- July 4 For Independence Day
- September 2 to September 4 For Labor Day
- October 7 and 8 General Conference
Calendar and Events
- Indexing Day Thursday May 4, 2017
- Family History Fair Saturday September 9, 2017 9a m to 1 p m.
- Indexing Training Weds 9 am to 12 pm
Staff Training Meetings
- Monthly Consultant Meeting 3rd Tuesday of the Month at 7 pm.
- Quarterly Training Conference Thursday March 16 at 7 pm.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. '
Hardware and Equipment
- 'We have 5 modern computers that have access to the internet and the family history center portal. There are 3 black and white printers one that can scan directly into Family Search. Film reader that can print images from micro film and micro fiche. '
Staff Research Specialties
- Specializing in French Canadian, Denmark and Sweden, England, and United States.
- Historical Newspaper
- Family History Experience
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We can use help with people who can speak Spanish.