Glyn, Breconshire Genealogy
GLYN, a chapelry, in the parish and hundred of Devynock, union and county of Brecknock, South Wales, 4 miles (W. by S.) from Brecknock; containing 245 inhabitants. It is situated on the western declivity of elevated ground, to the south of Pen-Pont Park, near the source of the Camlas brook, and on the left bank of the river Tarrell. The chapel is dedicated to St. Illtyd, and sometimes gives the name of Llan-Illtyd to this division of the parish.
Part of Defynnog parish. For more information, see Defynnog, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464300.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 358-385. Adapted. Date accessed: 24 January 2014.