Glyntawe, Breconshire Genealogy
CAPEL-CALLWEN, or BLAEN-GLYNTAWE, a chapelry, attached to the parish of Devynock, in the hundred of Devynock, union and county of Brecknock, South Wales, 15 miles (W. S. W.) from Brecknock. It is situated at the south-western extremity of the extensive parish of Devynock, in a vale between elevated and dreary mountains, not far from the source of the river Tawe.
Parish also known as Callwen; formed out of Defynnog parish in 1868. For more information, see Defynnog, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464300.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849), pp. 150-158. Adapted. Date accessed: 24 January 2014.