Golden Colorado Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We are a locally operated Family Search Center, located in Golden, Colorado. We serve Golden, Wheat Ridge, Evergreen, Bailey, Idaho Springs, and the northwestern portion of Lakewood.
Our center's services are free and open to the public.
We invite all who are interested in family history to visit our center.
Our center has microfilm and a microfiche readers for patrons use.
The films from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City can be ordered on-line for delivery to our center for your use.
Family History Center volunteers can show you how to use the center’s resources. To make your visit most effective, collect and organize the information you already have. Bring as much information as you have about the ancestor you wish to research, including available birth, marriage and death information. FHC staff can help you use that information to begin filling in your family tree!
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 610 Coors St Golden CO 80401-1314 United States
- Wednesday:10:00pm-4:00pm and 6:00pm-8:00pm
Closed all Holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)