Grand Forks North Dakota Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 2814 Cherry St Grand Forks, ND 58201-7456
- Wednesdays: 6:00pm to 8:30pm
- Fridays: 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Saturdays: 10:00am to 2:00pm
Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference. Closed Christmas and New Years Day weeks.
- We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness. Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours. (218-207-8375)
Calendar and Events
- Stake Family Discovery Day & Family History Fair Saturday April 16th, from 8:00 am to 5:00pm. Free. Please refer to website for details: Grand Forks FHC Weebly
- Event listings and schedule of classes on website noted above
- Meetings: monthly
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)