Green Bay Wisconsin Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Address: 651 Pinehurst Ave Green Bay, WI 54311
- Languages: English. Hmong, Spanish, and Bulgarian translators are available. Contact us for more information.
- Tuesday: 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am-12:30pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference.
Holiday Schedule: We are closed Thankgiving Week, Christmas Week and New Years Week and other major holidays.
We are also closed when the Green Bay Area School District is closed due to inclement weather.
Calendar and Events
Contact us if you would like to schedule time to speak with a consultant to get one on one research assistance or just stop by to familiarize yourself with our center.
February 4 10:00 AM -12:00 PM Learn to restore old or damaged pictures using programs on your Mac. (Mac users only) Call to reserve your slot.
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
- Our center has a number of indefinite microfilms covering Wisconsin and Europe. Search the FamilySearch Catalog to see if what you are looking for is at our center. If someone else has requested the film it might be here and ready for your use.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- British Newspapers
- Find-My-Past (UK)
- Fold3 (formerly Footnote)
- Genline (Swedish)
- Heritage Quest
- World Vital Records and others.
Hardware and Equipment
- 3 computer stations with high-speed internet access
- 1 multifunction printer to copy, scan, and duplex print
- 4 film readers (with 35 mm and 16 mmm capabilities)
- 1 fiche reader
- 1 printer/reader
Staff Research Specialties
Our staff can help you get started with your family history using Family Search or RootsMagic. We will try to steer you in the right direction so you can be successful in finding your family.
Resources in the Local Area
This section is to highlight other resources in our area that will be helpful for individuals doing research in North East Wisconsin.
Volunteer at the Center
We are looking for volunteers to help in photo restoration. Please contact our center if you can share your knowledge with us!