Greenville South Carolina Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Click Here
- 1301 Boiling Springs Rd. Greer, SC 29650 United States
- Languages: English and Spanish
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the director at (1-864-907-5349.)
We will be closed during the month of July. Special openings will be available. Please contact the director at the number above.
Please call ahead during inclement weather.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: Many of the items in the Catalog are now available online! Please check the "Notes" category of the catalog record before placing your microfilm order.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal provides free access for many premium, subscription resources. These include (but are not limited to): Ancestry, FindMyPast, Fold3, and MyHeritage. You must be in the Center to obtain full access to these resources.
- All patrons are encouraged to create a free FamilySearch account before visiting the center for assistance. LDS church membership is not required.
Hardware and Equipment
- 3 Dell desktop PCs running Windows 7
- 1 Lexmark printer/scanner/copier with USB port
- 1 microfiche reader (reader only)
- 1 microfilm reader (reader only)
Staff Research Specialties
Our staff is equipped to assist patrons to identify the records best suited to their research needs, interpret census data, and those with Latin American ancestry. Spanish-speaking assistance is available.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)