Gunton, Suffolk Genealogy
Guide to Gunton, Suffolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Mutford and Lothingland|
|Poor Law Union||Mutford and Lothingland|
|Parish registers: 1739|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Suffolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
Gunton St Peter is an ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich and the county of Suffolk. The round tower church was substantially remodeled in the 1890's and the tower and some interior features are all that remain of the medieval church. The church was always linked to Gunton Hall and it's owners.
GUNTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the hundred of Mutford and Lothingland, E. division of Suffolk, 1½ mile (N. by W.) from Lowestoft. 
Gunton, Suffolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FMP = findmypast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|Gunton, Suffolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Images of the parish registers for this parish are available on Record Search the early years of the registers from 1734-1754 are in a volume of combined registers with the early register of Ashby from 1553 and Herringfleet
- Belle Vue Park Cemetery Surname List: Courtesy of the Waveney District Council
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474640.
- Lewis,Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 360-362. Date accessed: 30 September 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Suffolk Baptism Index 1538-1911', Find My Past, accessed 5 January 2016.
- 'Suffolk Marriage Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- 'Suffolk "Early" Burial Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- 'Suffolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 December 2013.
- 'Suffolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 3 December 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.
Poor Law Unions
- Mutford and Lothingland http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Mutford/Mutford.shtml