Gustafsbergs Barnhus in Uddevalla, Sweden
Gustafsbergs (also spelled Gustavsbergs) orphanage was established in 1776 from a large donation by Anders Knape Hansson and Catharina Hegardt. Originally the donation was intended to create a school. King Gustaf III gave his approval under the condition that it be an orphanage too. The school / orphanage existed between 1776 and 1924. At that time 741 boys had received their training and care at Gustafsberg.
Uddevalla Natur- och Kulturguide, Gustafsberg, Uddevalla Natur-och kulturguide May 2013