Hancock was chartered on July 31, 1781 by the Vermont State Legislature. Over 80 percent of its area is taken up by the Green Mountain National Forest. The population was 323 at the 2010 census.  
Hancock heritage, 1781-1981: a collection of photographs, old and new, Hancock Historical Society (1980) - find this book in a library.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Hancock is Addison.
Addison Probate Court
7 Mahady Court
Middlebury, VT 05753
Phone: (802) 388-2612
The following is a list of cemeteries in present-day Hancock. For location of cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Addison County, website at this link.
- Branch Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Hancock Village Cemetery - inscriptions found at Find A Grave site.
- Hancock Village Cemetery (Old) - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1783-1998, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Hancock Town Clerk's Office. These include Deeds, 1792-1853; index, 1792-1878, Marriage certificates, 1862-1935, and Records of births, marriages, and deaths, 1841-1998; indexes to births, marriages, deaths, 1785-1998.
HancockTown Clerk's Office
48 Vermont 125
Hancock, VT 05748
Libraries and Historical Societies
- Hancock, VT History http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/hancock.html#about
- History of the Town of Hancock, VT http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/AddisonHancock.html