Hardhorn with Newton,Lancashire

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Introduction

Originally part of the township of Poulton-le-Fylde   now the hamlet of Newton is part of the civil parish of Staining; Hardhorn belongs to Poulton-le-Fylde.

Ecclesiastically bot hamlets were part of All Hallows Staining parish.

History

HARDHORN-WITH-NEWTON, a township in Poulton-le-Fylde parish, Lancashire; near the Fleetwood railway, 1½ mile S of Poulton. Acres, 2,605. Real property, £7,193. Pop., 386. Houses, 69.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)

http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=53226 British History online History of the manorial lands and civil parish

Civil registration

Online index of Lancashire Births, Marriages and Deaths Lancashire BMD and Free BMD

  • Blackpool and Fylde



Census

Census returns for Hardhorn with Newton, 1841-1891

Content
Film
1841
FHL BRITISH Film
306887
1851 p. 541-554
FHL BRITISH Film
87296
1861
FHL BRITISH Film
543087
1871
FHL BRITISH Film
846961
1881
FHL BRITISH Film
1342018
1891 RG 12/3455 (3 fiches)
FHL BRITISH Fiche
6098565 (3 fiche)



Poor Law Unions

Fylde Poor Law Union, Lancashire