Hastings Family History Centre, Sussex
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Centre Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Centre Resources
- 4 Centre Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Centre
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 2 Ledsham Avenue, ST LEONARDS-ON-SEA, TN37 7LE, UNITED KINGDOM
- The entrance to the centre is at the rear of the building by the car park. On the right side of the doors there is a bell to request entrance.
- Location on Map
Phone: 01424 754563
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 10.00 -12.00
- Thursday: At the present time due to staff shortages we have no evening sessions on Thursdays
- Please phone for an appointment in advance of your visit to be sure that the computer is free. You are welcome to drop in for advice when the centre is open or to leave a message on the answerphone.
Closed throughout August 2012
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalogue.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Publication of the restricted access images England, Kent, Wills and Probate (FamilySearch Historical Records) means that it is advisable to telephone the centre to reserve a computer if you wish to view this collection using the portal.
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Centre
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)