Haus, Hordaland, Norway Genealogy
Guide to Haus, Norway ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records.
Microfilm of parish registers available at the Family History Library for Haus clerical distirict. Contains the parish registers for Haus clerical district which includes the parishes: Haus and Gjerstad. Also included Bruvik and Norway parishes, which became part of Bruvik clerical district in 1869; Mjelde parish which became part of Haus parish; and Arna parish, which was made its own parish divided from part of Haus parish in 1864. Records available from 1691-1922.
Images of digitized parish registers available online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives).
Haus/Gjerstad: 1869-1878, 1887-1922
Haus/Mjelde, Stamnes, Bruvik: 1821-1867
See also Arna
- 1664-1666 Census Fogd og sorenskrivers manntall was taken by the local civil authorities. Haus clerical district in Nordhordland fogderi included the parishes of Haus, Arna, Dale, Mjelde, Bruvik, Gjerstad, and Stamnes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 122979 Item 4 and at Digitalarkivet as scanned images.
- 1664-1666 Census Sogneprestens manntall was taken by the local parish priests. Haus clerical district in Nordhordland prosti included the parishes of Haus, Mjelde Bruvik, Gjerstad, and Stamnes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 122972 Item 1 and at Digitalarkivet as scanned images and as a database.
- 1701 Census Haus clerical district in Nordhordland fogderi included the parishes of Haus, Arna, Dale, Mjelde, Bruvik, Gjerstad, and Stamnes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 122983 Item 2 and at Digitalarkivet as Manntal 1701 for Søndre Bergenhus amt
- 1801 Census The 1801 census for Haus clerical district includes Haus, Gjerstad, Mjelde, Bruvik, and Stamnes parishes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 123002 Item 2 and at Digitalarkivet as 1801-telling for 1250 Hougs
- 1865 Census The 1865 census for Haus clerical district includes Haus, Gjerstad, Mjelde, Bruvik, Arna, Dale and Stamnes parishes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 123072 Item 1 and at Digitalarkivet as 1865-telling for 1250 Haus
- 1875 Census The 1875 census for Haus clerical district includes Haus, Gjerstad, Mjelde and Arna parishes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 273479 and at Digitalarkivet as 1875-teljinga for 1250 Haus
- 1891 Census at Digitalarkivet as 1891-teljinga for Haus
- 1900 Census The 1900 census for Haus clerical district includes Haus, Gjerstad, Mjelde and Arna parishes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Films 274301-274303 and at Digitalarkivet as 1900-telling for 1250 Haus
- 1910 Census The 1910 census search at Digitalarkivet
- The census of 1865, 1875 (partial), 1900 and 1910 are also available at the Norwegian Historical Data Center
Ådna, Lars Martinusson, Ætt og æle (ættarbok):
Innhold: b. 1. Gjerstad sokn -- b. 2. Haus sokn -- b. 3. Fabrikk- staden Ytre Arna (Elvæ) -- b. 4. Ådna sokn.
A genealogy of the people in Haus cleircal district in Hordaland county which includes Gjerstad, Haus, and Arna (Ådna). FHL 948.32/H1 D2
63 Aaseim, 64 Almene, 59 Askeland nordre, 67 Blom, 47 Hansdal, 62 Haus Præstegaard, 56 Hausberg, 68 Havre, 77 Helland, Herland, 78 Hole, 66 Hundhammer, 55 Kaustøl, Koppen, 70 Kraaen, Kvisti, 65 Kvitstein, 60 Midtteigen, Minne, 53 Mjelde midtre, 54 Nygjerdet, 63 Rinden, 72 Risnes, 72 Risnestangen, 61 Rivenes, 73 Romsle nedre, 48 Rødland, 70 Skulstad, 75 Songstad indre, 54 Stallene, 57 Sundland, 79 Takkvam indre, 60 Traaen, 71 Trengereid, Trengreiddal, 82 Tuenes lille, 81 Tuenestveit, 69 Vemmalvik, 49 Veset nordre, 60 Viken, 64 Vikne, 51 Vinaas, 60 Votle, Åsheim
Rongved, E. J. : Slægtrigister vedkommende E.J. Rongveds Slegt:
E.J. Rongved er født på Rongved i Haus af Forældrene Gaardbruger Johannes Einarsen Rongved og Hustru Marta Andersdatter, født Sundland. Hans far var født på Rongved i Aaret 1817 og mor i 1816 på Sundland. Hans fars forældre var Gaardbruger Einar Johannesen Rongved og Hustru Aasa Jakobsdatter, født Lohne. Mors var Gaardbruger Anders O. Sundland og Hustru Marta, født Horvik i Hammer.
E.J. Rongved's parents were Johannes Einarsen Rongved (1817) and Marta Andersdatter Sundland (1816). His father's parents were Einar Johannesen Rongved and Aasa Jakobsdatter Lohne. Mother's parents were Anders O. Sundland and Marta Horvik.
FHL 929.2481 R669To view a digital version click here
Hausberg, Sverre: Ætti til riksråd Ole Monsson Mjelde, fødd 1865, død 1942.
Mjelde historie med genealogi etter Ole Monsson Mjelde.
History of Mjelde, Norway and central Hordaland through the family of Ole Monsson Mjelde. FHL 948.32/M5 D2
From 1702-1848: Records are found in Nordhordaland, 1702-1910 judicial district.
1848-1895: Records are found in Midhordaland judicial district which was created from Nordhordaland.
1800-1852: Some of the farms in this parish belonged to Lysekloster Estate. If the probate is not found in the district above look at Hardanger og Voss where the probates for Lysekloster were kept.
1773-1810: Clerical probate records are found in Nordhordaland Deanery.