Hayward California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
'The Hayward Family History Center serves Hayward and the surrounding communities. It is located in the broader Bay Area which is served by the Oakland California FamilySearch Library and provides local access to the vast resources of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah
Center Contacts and Hours
- 3551 Decoto Road Fremont CA 94555-3109 United States
- Entrance is located on the East side of the building.
- Language: English
- Tuesday: 9:00am-2:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am-2:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursday :6:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday: 9:00am -12:00pm
All Holidays: General Conference, first Saturday in April and October: Thanksgiving week: Last two weeks in December:
Calendar and Events
Fuel the Find: Hayward Stake participates in Worldwide Church event to index documents on July 15, 16 and 17
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- A catalog of all of the books, periodicals, CD's and extended loan microfilms and microfiche held by the Hayward Family History Center is available online
- Hayward Family History Center Catalog search page
- Bay Area Family History Centers Catalog Search Page
NOTE : When using the link to the Bay Area Family History Centers Catalog you are searching the catalogs of 15 family history centers. When you find a resource of interest, be sure to click on the "Show Copies" tab to see which location has the book, film. microfiche or CD you are interested in.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Se habla Espanol ----
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)