Healey St John , Northumberland Genealogy
Healey St John begin as a Chapel of Ease in the parish of Bywell St Peter. As will be seen from the following description from the Diocesan Gazeteer, it became a parish in the 1860's.
St John's, Healey, originally a Chapel of Ease in the parish of Bywell. Erection of church completed in 1860, architect C.E. Davis of Bath. Original structure was intended to be Norman in style, the roof to be a semi-circular arch all of stone (now of wood). The stone arch was abandoned after two attempts, both of which when the supports were removed fell to the ground! The tower was added in 1890, providing a vestry on the lower part. Note: the very unusual Rose window in the west wall; three stained glass windows inserted in the Apse in 1883 by Baguley of Newcastle in memory of Robert Ormston of Healey Hall; also, more recently, three windows in memory of members of the Warde-Aldam family also of Healey Hall, scenes taken from the life of St Cuthbert designed and executed by L.C. Evetts. Well worth a visit. [The Newcastle Diocesan Gazetteer (1982), page 37.]
Durham University Library Archives and Special Collections Date: August 1868-May 1874 Related material at DULASC:
All Healey St John transcripts are included with Bywell St Peter transcripts DDR/EA/PBT/2/46 Parish Register transcripts are available to search free online at Record Search. Record Search is working to improve access to the transcripts for Healey within the Bywell St Peter Transcripts.
The dates of the post-1760 transcripts have been noted in detail and sometimes only cover years. For most parishes in the collection there are gaps in the sequence of transcripts. It is advisable to consult the original parish registers for these years and events.
Healey, St John: Records of baptisms 1877-1995, marriages 1878-1993 and burials 1879-1994 are available at Northumberland Collections Service.