Heneglwys, Anglesey Genealogy
HÊNEGLWYS (HÊN-EGLWYS), a parish, in the hundred of Malltraeth, union and county of Anglesey, North Wales, 2 miles (W.) from Llangevni, and on the Holyhead road. The name of this parish signifies "the old church." The church, dedicated to St. Llwydian, was entirely demolished and rebuilt in the year 1845, being in so ruinous a condition as to be no longer safe for the performance of divine service. It was an edifice of the end of the fourteenth century, and perhaps occupied the site of a still older building. There are places of worship for Independents and Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists.
HENEGLWYS, a parish in the hundred of Malltraeth, county Anglesey, 3 miles W. of Llangefni, and 6 from Aberfraw. It is situated in a vale, at a short distance from the bridge over the river Cefni. For more information, see Heneglwys, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464296.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 21 Aug 2014.