Herringfleet, Suffolk Genealogy
Guide to Herringfleet, Suffolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Mutford and Lothingland|
|Poor Law Union||Mutford and Lothingland|
|Parish registers: 1706|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Suffolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
HERRINGFLEET (St. Margaret), a parish, in the hundred of Mutford and Lothingland, E. division of Suffolk, 6 miles (N. W. by W.) from Lowestoft. 
Herringfleet, Suffolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Herringfleet, Suffolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1553-1784, 1813-1904||Undefined||1553-1784||Undefined||1553-1784, 1813-1905|
The parish registers combined with those for Ashby St Mary, Norfolk from 1553 and Gunton from 1734 are available in images on FamilySearch.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474640.
Poor Law Unions
- For more information on the history of the workhouse, see Peter Higginbotham's web site: www.workhouses.org.uk and http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Mutford/Mutford.shtml
Herringfleet is in Mutford district. To search an index of Mutford district records go to FreeBMD. The Suffolk Civil Registration article tells more about these records. Civil Registration began in 1837.
- Lewis,Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 491-497. Date accessed: 30 September 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Suffolk Baptism Index 1538-1911', Find My Past, accessed 5 January 2016.
- 'Suffolk Marriage Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- 'Suffolk "Early" Burial Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- 'Suffolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 December 2013.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Suffolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 10 December 2013.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.