Hilderstone, Staffordshire Genealogy
Guide to Hilderstone, Staffordshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Stone|
|Parish registers: 1830|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1833|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
Hilderstone Christ Church is anEcclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1833 from Stone, Staffordshire Ancient Parish. HILDERSTONE, a liberty, in the parish and union of Stone, S. division of the hundred of Pirehill, N.division of the county of Stafford, 3 miles (E. N. E.)from Stone. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Hilderstone Christ Church was formed in 1833 from Stone Parish
Hilderstone parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|HILDERSTONE PARISH Online Records|
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Hilderstone, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474623.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 509-512. Date accessed: 29 October 2012.
- 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 13 September 2013.
- 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (A-M), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 18 September 2013.
- Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8