Hillsboro Oregon Family History Center
The Hillsboro Family History Center has books, microfilms, microfiche, film readers, and access to the Family History Center. The building is also home to a Pokémon GO PokéStop, so don't be surprised if you see people on the property and if you do, please be kind to them.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 2220 NE Jackson School Rd Hillsboro Oregon 97124-1658 United States
- Located in the Hillsboro Stake Center.
- The entrance to the Family History Center is on the south side of the building.
- Language: English
- Tuesday: 10:00am-4:00pm and 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 11:00am-4:00pm and 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am-2:00pm
Holiday Schedule: 2017
Fourth of July: July 2-8
Thanksgiving: November 19-25
Christmas/New Years: December 21-January 4, 2018
Calendar and Events
FHC Staff /Temple and Family History Consultant Training Meetings: 3rd Sunday each month at 7pm (unless other wised noted on the Staff Calendar).
To view upcoming classes, please go to our web page: http://fhc.hillsborostake.org Classes begin October 7, 2017
Classes on various family history topics held the first Sunday of each month at the Forest Grove Stake Center 6:30 p.m.
Indexing Training/Help: Third Wednesday of each month from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
The RootsMagic Users Group Meeting: Third Saturday of odd-numbered months from 10 am - Noon (May 20; July 15; September 16; November 18)
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal, which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- Other resources include 6 computers with online access, scanner, printers, microfilm & microfiche readers, microfilm & microfiche copier. We also have WiFi access for personal laptops and electronic devices.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Genealogical Forum of Oregon, 2505 SE 11st Ave, Suite B-18, Portland, OR. 503-963-1932.
Oregon Historical Society, 1200 SW Park Ave, Portland, OR. 503-
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)