Hopkinsville (also known as Hopkins Grant, and Hopkinstonia) is an extinct former town of Caledonia County, Vermont. Hopkinsville was created in 1790. At some point Burke Tongue was annexed to Hopkinsville. In 1807 Hopkinsville was used to form part of the new town of Kirby. 
Records. For 1790-1805 town records of Hopkinsville, try the town records of Kirby, Vermont. Original Kirby town records 1777-1989 are preserved in the Town Hall at Kirby, Vermont. Also, a microfilm copy of Kirby town records is available from the Family History Library on 6 films starting with 1851622.
- Land Grants That Became the Towns of Vermont - H at All Ancestors (Internet site)(accessed 2 April 2013).
- Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 394. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.