Huntington West Virginia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 5640 Shawnee Dr Huntington WV 25704 United States
- Find the entrance directly into the Center by entering the parking lot at the second entrance.
- Wednesday:5:30-8:00 pm
All National Holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Books permanently in the center include a few family histories and How-Tos for research purposes.
- Some microfilm in the center are from local counties in Kentucky, West Virginia, and Ohio.
- Microfiche include the 100 most used resources, and selected fiche of local interest.
- Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Six computers, two film readers and two fiche readers are available in the center. Copies of printed materials are 20 cents each.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Marshall University Library, located on Marshall's campus has a very good collection of records from West Virginia, Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky and the Civil War Era.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)