Ickburgh, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Ickburgh, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Swaffham|
|Parish registers: 1755|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1692|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Parish HistoryICKBOROUGH, or Igborough (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Swaffham, hundred of Grimshoe, W. division of Norfolk, 6 miles (N. N. E.) from Brandon.  Also known as Igburgh.
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Ickburgh, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Ickburgh, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Ickburgh on GenUKI
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 600-603. Date accessed: 15 April 2013.
- 'Norfolk Parish Registers Browse', findmypast, accessed 31 July 2015.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 22 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.