Idaho, Southeast Counties Obituaries (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Idaho, Southeast Counties Obituaries, 1864-2007 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Idaho, United States|
|Flag of Idaho|
|Location of Idaho|
- 1 What is in the Collection?
- 2 Collection Content
- 3 What Can this Collection Tell Me?
- 4 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Known Issues with This Collection
- 7 Citing This Collection
- 8 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in the Collection?
This collection contains digital images of originals collected and housed by the Idaho Falls Regional Family History Center. Obituaries are from various Idaho newspapers printed in 2007. This collection has multiple arrangements: by Idaho city or town, mixed cities and name, and by out of state deaths of Idaho natives.
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Idaho, Southeast Counties Obituaries, 1864-2007.|
What Can this Collection Tell Me?
The information in the records may include:
- Name and age of deceased
- Date and place of death
- Cause of death
- Date and place of birth
- Names of parents and other survivors
- Life's accomplishments
- Place(s) of employment
- Funeral details
- Burial details
- Name and address of mortuary
How Do I Search the Collection?
To begin your search you will need to know at least some of the following:
- The name of your ancestor.
- The approximate date of death.
- The place where the death occurred.
- The names of family members and their relationships.
Fill in the requested information in the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information in the list to what you already know about your ancestor to determine if it is the correct family or person. You may need to compare several persons in the list before you find your ancestor.
Search by Name by visiting the Collection Page.
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Pagethen:
⇒Select the "Locality" category
⇒Select the "City/town, Mixed Cities, State and Name Range"
For tips about searching on-line collections see the on-line article FamilySearch Search Tips and Tricks.
What Do I Do Next?
Whenever possible, view the original records to verify the information and to find additional information that might not be reported. These pieces of information can lead you to additional records and family members.
I Found Who I was Looking for, What Now?
- Use the information to obtain the actual death certificate.
- Use the information to locate funeral home, obituary or cemetery record.
- Use the information to find other records such as birth, christening, marriage, census, land and probate records.
- Use the information to find additional family members.
- Repeat this process with additional family members found, to find more generations of the family.
- Church Records often were kept years before government records were required and are a good source for finding ancestors before 1900.
I Can’t Find Who I’m Looking for, What Now?
- Try viewing the original record to see if there were errors in the transcription of the name, age, residence, etc. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- Collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you identify possible relations that can be verified by records.
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching records of a nearby locality in an area search.
- Standard spelling of names typically did not exist during the periods our ancestors lived in. Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or browsing through images.
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names. Try searching for these names as well.
- Search the indexes and records of Idaho, United States Genealogy.
- Search in the Idaho Archives and Libraries.
|Don't overlook items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. FHL Keyword Idaho, Death Records|
Known Issues with This Collection
| Problems with this collection?|
See a list of known issues, workarounds, tips, restrictions, future fixes, news and other helpful information.
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Citing This Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Idaho, Southeast Counties Obituaries, 1864-2007." Database with images. FamilySearch. [http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Idaho Falls Regional Family History Center, Idaho Falls.
Record Citation (or citation for the index entry):
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.