Idaho Falls Idaho FamilySearch Library
- 1 Idaho Falls Idaho FamilySearch Library Website
- 1.1 Library Location & Contacts
- 1.2 Open Hours:
- 1.3 2017 Holiday Schedule:
- 1.4 Announcements
- 1.5 New Missionary Training Schedule:
- 1.6 Calendars of Class Schedule
- 1.7 Lesson Plans and Class Handouts
- 1.8 Volunteer at the Library
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Library Location & Contacts
- 750 West Elva Street, Idaho Falls, Idaho 83402 United States
- There is ample parking on the street around the Library plus a small parking lot northeast of the building.
- The Library's entrance is on the south side of the building, facing Elva Street.
- Location Map
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
2017 Holiday Schedule:
April 5 - New Missionary Training Starts
Closed for Maintenance: June 26th through July 9th
September 4 - Closed Labor Day
September 12 - New Missionary Training Starts
October 7 - Closed for General Conference
October 31 - Closed at 1 pm - Halloween
Novermber 23 - 26 - Closed for Thanksgiving
December 23 - 31 - Closed for Christmas
January 1 - Closed for New Years 2017
We serve all of Bonneville, Butte, Lemhi Counties, and part of Bingham County. We have 100+ part time service missionaries and numerous volunteers to help you with your family history.
New Missionary Training Schedule:
The next session for our missionary training will start April 3rd. Contact Elder or Sister Meyers about serving as a missionary here at the FamilySearch Library.
Calendars of Class Schedule
Click on the link below to open the "Home" page of our website, then click on the Calendar Icon to view our upcoming class schedule,
Lesson Plans and Class Handouts
Click on the "Resources" tab, then "Download Handouts" to go to the handouts page
- 24 networked computer workstations with a data/video projector in the main classroom.
- 16 networked computer workstations with a data/video projector in a second classroom (recently added) Bell Room
- 27 networked computer workstations on the main floor with printing capabilities
- Fiber-optic internet access at worktables (WiFi available)
- large teaching/meeting room with 1 computer, 1 overhead projector, 1 data/video projector, white boards, piano and seating for approximately 60
- 5 microfilm readers
- 1 microfiche readers
- 1 flatbed scanner
- 1 slide and negative scanner
- 1 3.5" Floppy Disk Transfer to CD or Jump Drive
- 1 microfilm/microfiche scanners with printing capabilities and ability to save images to USB Drive
- 1 copy machine (color and black/white) which includes scanning capabilities. (The cost for SINGLE sided black and white copies is 5 cents and for color is 25 cents)
- a lunch room for patrons (because we love you)
- We have the capability of binding/repairing (but not restoring) donated books.
Collections and Film/Fiche ordering
- All microfilm and microfiche must now be ordered online!
- We have over 14,000 rolls of microfilm and over 16,000 sets of microfiche.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Eastern Idaho Obituary Collection;
- We maintain the Eastern Idaho Death Records Index which is hosted by BYU Idaho. This is an index of deaths in eastern Idaho and surrounding area from the early 1900s to the present.
- We have the obituaries published in the local newspapers for most of the individuals found in the Eastern Idaho Death Records Index. These obituaries are not online and can only be viewed at the Center.
Staff Research Specialists
By Appointment Only We have many dedicated and knowledgeable missionaries and volunteers to assist in helping you to find your people. The FHC also teaches classes on doing research in many of these areas.
Danish * Dutch * English * French * German * Germans from Russia * Italian * Latin * Native American * Norwegian * Russian * Scandinavian * Spanish * Swedish
Links to useful and fun sites.
Discover technologies that will improve your family history research and knowledge. This is a very, VERY, VERY cool place.Try TechTips
FamilySearch's Research Wiki
Get research advice, or learn where to find record collections in our 76,956 articles. In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.
Volunteer at the Library
- Do you want to learn more about doing family history? We will teach you how to help yourself while we teach you to help others. We encourage you to do your own research when not assisting patrons.
- Would you like to serve a full or part time mission but need to stay close to home? Come join us at the FHC where you can meet many new people and help them find their ancestors.Make an appointment with Elder Sweat at the Family History Center.
- Do you have special computer, language or research skills? We have a place for you to keep those skills honed and practiced. Use 'em or lose 'em.
- You can serve as few as two days a week, Monday through Saturday.