Indiana, United States Genealogy
United States Indiana
|Indiana Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Indiana ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Indiana became the sixteenth state admitted to the United States on December 11, 1816. Indiana was created form Indiana Territory and is located in the Midwestern region of the United States.
Getting Started with Indiana Research
Links to articles on getting started with Indiana research.
Indiana Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Indiana research.
Indiana Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Extinct or Renamed Counties: Richardville
Indiana Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Cyndi's List - Indiana genealogy sites on the internet
- Indiana Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Indiana
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Indiana
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Indiana genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Indiana
- Indiana Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Every Name Index
- Wikipedia contributors, "Indiana " in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana (accessed 15 March 2016).