Indiana, Ripley County, Osgood, Greendale Cemetery Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Indiana, Ripley County, Osgood, Greendale Cemetery Records, 1861-2007 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Osgood, Ripley, Indiana, United States|
|Flag of Indiana|
|Location of Osgood, Ripley County, Indiana|
|Location of Indiana|
- 1 What is in the Collection?
- 2 Collection Content
- 3 What Can this Collection Tell Me?
- 4 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing this Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in the Collection?
This collection contains records from the Greendale Cemetery Association in Osgood, Indiana. The collection includes burial records, cemetery plots, and lists of veterans for the years 1861-2007.
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Indiana, Ripley County, Osgood, Greendale Cemetery Records, 1861-2007.|
What Can this Collection Tell Me?
Cemetery Records may include the following:
- Full name of deceased
- Date of birth
- Date of death
- Name of father
- Name of mother
- Name of mortuary
- Burial lot number
How Do I Search the Collection?
To begin your search it is helpful to know the following:
- Death date
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select the "Record Description" which takes you to the images
Look at each image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
What Do I Do Next?
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors.
I Found Who I was Looking for, What Now?
- Use the birth date or year to search for birth records.
- Use the birth date along with your relative’s names to find the family in census records.
- Use the locality and relative's name to locate church and land records.
- The name of the undertaker or mortuary could lead you to funeral and cemetery records, which often include the names and residences of other family members.
- Compile the entries for every person with the same surname. This is especially helpful for rural areas or unusual surnames.
- Continue to search the records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives of the deceased who may have been buried in the same cemetery or nearby. This can help you identify other generations of your family. Repeat this process for each new generation you identify.
- When looking for a person with a common name, look at all the entries for the name before deciding which is correct.
I Can't Find Who I'm Looking for, What Now?
- Check for variant spellings of the surnames.
- Search the indexes and records of nearby cemeteries.
|Don't overlook FHL Keyword Indiana, Ripley items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog.|
Citing this Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- “Indiana, Ripley County, Osgood, Greendale Cemetery Records, 1861-2007.” Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Citing Greendale Cemetery Association, Osgood, Indiana.
|The image citation is available by clicking on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen. You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Indiana, Ripley County, Osgood, Greendale Cemetery Records, 1861-2007.|
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.