Ipswich Family History Centre, Suffolk
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Centre Contacts and Hours
- 42 Sidegate Lane West Ipswich Suffolk England IP4 3DB United Kingdom
- We are opposite Northgate School, Sports and Arts Centre and subsequently serviced by buses from the town centre of Ipswich.
- Ariving by car - drive into Alma Close and park in the carpark at the rear of the church building.
To access the Family History Centre use the side doors on the wing of the building and knock.
- (Link to map using Googleor other map sites)
- +44 147-372-3182
- Tues: 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Thurs: 10am-1pm,
- To make an appointment for all times, please contact the director at +44 147-372-3182 on Tuesday evening or Thursday 10:00am-1:00pm.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog. Patrons can do this at familysearch.org/films
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Centre Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Publication of the restricted access images England, Kent, Wills and Probate (FamilySearch Historical Records) means that it is advisable to telephone the centre to reserve a computer if you wish to view this collection using the portal.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, Microfilm readers one of which is part of a computer so images can be saved to a memory stick, microfiche readers and printer
Staff Research Specialties
Whilst we don't have any specific specialisms we are willing and able volunteers who aim to assist patrons as they do their own research in our centre.
Resources in the Local Area
Suffolk Records Office is located about 2 miles away from the centre in Gateacre Road, Ipswich
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.