|Ireland Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Today the island of Ireland is divided into two countries: (1) the Republic of Ireland, also known as Éire and (2) Northern Ireland, one of the four constituent countries of the United Kingdom (together with England, Scotland, and Wales). Prior to 1922 the island of Ireland was one country. The language most widely spoken is English.
Getting Started with Ireland Research
Links to articles on getting started with Ireland research.
Ireland Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Ireland research.
Ireland Clickable Map
The map below shows the whole of Ireland. The six counties of Northern Ireland are divided from the rest by a heavy black line.
Click on a county to locate more information about resources in that county.
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
- GENUKI Ireland links to resources.
- Wikipedia contributors, "Ireland," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland, accessed 24 March 2016.