Iron Acton, Gloucestershire Genealogy
Guide to Iron Acton, Gloucestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Iron Acton, Gloucestershire|
|Poor Law Union||Chipping Sodbury|
|Registration District||Chipping Sodbury|
|Parish registers: 1570|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Diocese||Pre 1836 - Gloucester; Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Gloucestershire Record Office|
IRON-ACTON (St. James), a parish, partly in the Lower division of the hundred of Grumbald's-Ash, but chiefly in the Lower division of that of Thornbury, union of Chipping-Sodbury, W. division of the county of Gloucester, 3½ miles (W. N. W.) from Chipping-Sodbury. There are places of worship for Independents and Wesleyans. 
Iron Acton, Gloucestershire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (Ancestry) - (£)|
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|IARC = Internet Archive - free|
|Iron Acton, Gloucestershire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
|IARC||1574-1753 (gaps)||1577-1762 (gaps)||1572-1750 (gaps)|
Online Parish Clerks
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288779.
Poor Law Unions
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 620-623. Date accessed: 08 January 2013.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 22 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1938', Ancestry, accessed 20 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 24 June 2016.
- 'Extracts from Parish Registers, No. V.: Iron Acton,' in Beaver H. Blacker, ed., Gloucestershire Notes and Queries, Vol. 3 (1887):51-55. Digitised by Internet Archive - free.