Italy, Napoli, Serra di Gerace (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
- 1 Title in the Language of the Records
- 2 What is in the Collection?
- 3 Collection Contents
- 4 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 5 For Help Reading These Records
- 6 What Do I Do Next?
- 7 I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For, Now What?
- 8 Related Websites
- 9 Related Wiki Articles
- 10 How You Can Contribute
- 11 Citing this Collection
Title in the Language of the Records
Italia, Napoli, Serra di Gerace, 1458-1944
What is in the Collection?
The collection consists of family trees of the principle noble families of Napoli. Original records are in possession of the State Archive of Napoli (Archivio di Stato di Napoli).
|You will be able to browse through images in this collection when it is published.|
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
The records may contain any of the following information:
- Names of family members
- Birth dates and places
- Death dates and places
- Marriage dates and places
- Names of parents, spouse or other relatives
- Places of residence
How Do I Search the Collection?
To begin your search it is helpful to know the following:
- Identifying information such as names of other family members or places of residence
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page
⇒Select the appropriate "Province"
⇒Select the appropriate "Comune or Frazione"
⇒Select the appropriate "Record Type and Year" which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
For Help Reading These Records
For help reading the records see the following wiki articles:
What Do I Do Next?
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. You should also look for leads to other records about your family. For example:
- Use the places and dates to search the civil registration and church records.
- Use the names and relationships to establish family groups.
I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For, Now What?
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for nicknames and abbreviated names.
- Search the indexes and records of nearby localities.
|Don't overlook FHL Keyword Italy, Napoli items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Italy Archives and Libraries.|
To locate cultural or historical information about a specific locality, or to determine in which municipality a hamlet (frazione) is located, use either of the following websites:
Related Wiki Articles
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing this Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- “Italy, Napoli, Serra di Gerace, 1458-1944.” Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Citing Archivio di Stato di Napoli, Napoli, Italy.
|The image citation will be available once the collection is published.|