Jamestown New York Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Serving the Southern part of Chautauqua County, New York
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links And Other Resources
Center Contacts and Hours
- 851 Forest Ave Jamestown NY 14701 United States
- Park in the parking lot adjacent to Forest Avenue.
- Enter the building on the south-side of the building.
- If the door is locked, ring the bell on the right side of the door.
- 1-716-487-0830 (If no answer, please leave a message. Messages usually retrieved by the next Sunday.)
- Wednesday: 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Other days and hours by appointment. (usually someone is there on Thursdays)
Closed New Years Day; July 4th if it's on a Wednesday; Thanksgiving week; Chistmas Eve if it is on a Wednesday; Christmas Day; New Years Eve if it is on a Wednesday.
Calendar and Events
Erie Family Discovery Day 2016: Saturday, September 17, 2016. Location: Erie Ward Building, 1100 South Hill Road, Erie, PA 16509. 9am - 1:00pm. More information at http://www.fh2016.org.
Fireside "Do You Have My Name?": Sunday, October 9th. Location: Jamestown Stake Center, 851 Forest Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701. 6:30 pm in the Chapel.
Jamestown Family History Fest 2017: Saturday, Date to be announced. Location: Jamestown Stake Center, 851 Forest Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701. 9am - 3:00pm. Archive information for the 2016 event at http://www.fh2016.org.
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Small collection of Research Books.
- Census on Films.
- Gazetteers on Films/Fiche.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- RootsMagic version 4
Hardware and Equipment
- Three computers - internet capable, two computer printers, one microfiche readers, three microfilm readers.
Staff Research Specialties
Swedish research assistance available upon request.
Resources in the Local Area
Chautauqua County Genealogical Society: http://chautgen.org/
Fenton History Center: www.fentonhistorycenter.org/genealogy/genealogy.php
Links And Other Resources
Europe desk, at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah
ph. (801) 240-2331
This is a fun link: Roots-fb.cs.byu.edu