Jericho was chartered on June 7, 1763. Jericho and Corinth are the only towns in the New Hampshire Grants not to succumb to Benning Wentworth's relentless efforts to impress the wealthy and politically powerful. While classical and Biblical names were popular in other colonies, Wentworth opted to name towns for the peerage and the English towns in which they lived.  
The history of Jericho, Vermont, edited by Chauncey H. Hayden, Luther C. Stevens, LaFayette Wilbur, Rev. S. H. Barnum (1916) -view/download a digital version of this book online from the Family History Library.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Jericho is Chittenden.
Chittenden District Probate Court
175 Main St.
PO Box 511
Burlington VT 05402
Phone: (802) 651-1518
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Jericho. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Chittenden County, website at this link.
- Castle Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Jericho Center Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Lowrey Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Pleasant View (Jericho Corners) Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- First Congregational Church Records, 1793-1943, are available on microfilm at the Family History Library. Order film online.
- Second Congregational Church Records, 1843-1960, are available on microfilm. Order film online.
- Calvary Church Vestry Record and Parish Register of Calvary Church, Jericho, Vermont, 1839-1910, are available on microfilm at the Family History Library. Order film online.
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1903-2000, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
Jericho, Vermont Land Records, 1879-1901; general index, 1889-1950, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Jericho Town Clerk's Office. These include Land records, 1790-1879; index to land records, 1790-1892, Vital records of Jericho, Vermont, 1777-May 2000, and Town and vital records, 1763-1892.
Jericho Town Clerk's Office
67 Vermont 15
PO Box 39
Jericho, VT 05465
Libraries and Historical Societies
Jericho Town Library
7 Jericho Center Cir.
Jericho Center, VT 05465
Deborah Rawson Memorial Library
8 River Rd.
Jericho, VT 05465
Phone: (802) 899-4962
Jericho Historical Society
4A Red Mill Dr.
P.O. Box 35
Jericho, Vermont 05465
- Jericho, VT History, http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/jericho.html#about
- History of Jericho, VT http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/ChittendenJericho.html