Kaneohe Hawaii Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 46-117 Halaulani St Kaneohe, HI 96744
- Language: English
- Monday: 9:00am-1:00pm
- Tuesday: 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am-1:00pm
- 1st, 2nd and 4th Thursday: evening groups only by appointment
- Closed on all State and Federal Holidays.
- Closed Thursday.
- Closed last 2 weeks in December.
- Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference.
Calendar and Events
Waimanalo Family History Discovery Day, July 23, 2016, Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Workshops on Portuguese Ancestry, Kalaupapa Information, Saving Your Memories. Open to the public, free, light lunch will be served.
KANEOHE HAWAII STAKE YOUTH ROOTSTECH EVENTS - On A Mission To Save My Ancestors
September 2, 2016 Friday, 5:30 pm to 9:00 p.m.
Youth Index Challenge - Youth Only
September 3, 2016 Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Youth will have their own hi-tech workshop. Adults will have their low-tech or no-tech workshops. Primary Children are invited with special family history type activities.
September 4, 2016 Sunday, 6:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
A special Youth and their family fireside
- HELP IN PORTUGUESE GENEALOGY
Thursday July 14, 2016, 7-8 p.m.
- HELP USING MEMORIES
Thursday August 4, 2016, 7-8 p.m.
- HELP IN USING GOOGLE
Thursday October 6, 2016, 7-8 p.m.
Staff Training Meetings
Held on the 3rd Thursday of every month except December at 7:30 p.m. at the Family History Center
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
The center has 10 computers, a printer, 2 copying machines, 4 microfilm readers, 2 microfiche readers and a camera to film records from the microfilm and microfiche readers.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.) --
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
Volunteers are welcomed to serve in the Family History Center. You will receive training. Please call the center at the above number or visit the center.