Kentucky, United States Genealogy
United States Kentucky
|Kentucky Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Kentucky ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Kentucky became the twenty-second state admitted to the United States on June 1, 1792. Kentucky was created from part of Virginia and is located in the east south-central region of the United States.
Getting Started with Kentucky Research
Links to articles on getting started with Kentucky research.
Kentucky Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Kentucky research.
Kentucky Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Kentucky Migration Routes
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in resourcing your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Cyndi's List - Kentucky genealogy sites on the internet
- Kentucky Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Kentucky
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Kentucky
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Kentucky genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Kentucky
- Kentucky Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Every Name Index
- Wikipedia contributors, "Kentucky" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kentucky (accessed 15 March 2016).