Keswick, Norfolk Genealogy
|Poor Law Union||Henstead|
|Parish registers: None; For records see Intwood|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
KESWICK (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Henstead, hundred of Humbleyard, E. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (S. S. W.) from Norwich. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Keswick, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = Norfolk Parish Registers Browse (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|FS PRs = England, Norfolk, Parish Registers, 1538-1900 (FamilySearch) - free|
|TGEN = TheGenealogist - (£)|
|Keswick, Norfolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
|FMP||1538-1601, 1695-1958||1538-1601, 1695-1836||1538-1601, 1695-1991|
|For additional records, see Intwood Parish|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438863.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Keswick on GenUKI
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 659-663. Date accessed: 15 April 2013.
- 'Norfolk Parish Registers Browse', findmypast, accessed 31 July 2015.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 26 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Subscription Coverage Catalogue', TheGenealogist, accessed 11 January 2016.