King’s Lynn St John, Norfolk Genealogy
|King’s Lynn St John, Norfolk|
|Hundred||King's Lynn Borough|
|Poor Law Union||King's Lynn|
|Registration District||Kings Lynn|
|Parish registers: 1846|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Kings Lynn St John the Evangelist was created in 1846 from King's Lynn St Margaret Ancient parish.
Kings Lynn, Lynn Regis, or Lynn, parl. and mun. bor., seaport, and market town, Norfolk, on river Ouse, near the confluence of the river Nare, 2 miles from the Wash, 48½ miles NW. of Norwich, and 99 miles from London, 3321 ac., pop. 18,539; 3 Banks, 7 news-papers. Market-days, Tuesday and Saturday. Kings Lynn was a port even before the Norman invasion. In early times it belonged to the Church, and was known as Bishops Lynn, or Lynn Episcopi, until the property passed to the Crown in the reign of Henry VIII. 
There are no images of the church records available on Record Search at present. The deposited records are held at Norfolk Record office reference PD613. This parish does not appear on Record Search as no microfilm for the parish is held and no agreement to publish has been reached.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438868.
- King's Lynn
Poor Law Unions
- King's Lynn