Kirksville Missouri Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Kirksville Familyy History Center is located in the local Ward Building at 2000 E. Normal St. in Kirksville, Missouri. The area served inclues Adair, Knox, Scotland, Schuyler, Putnam and Sullivan Counties. Several Consultants are available to assist community and church members to discover what is available to them at the facility as well as what they can locate on their home computer via the internet. Due to the rural setting, hours vary but one may call the center director or look at the list on the bulletin board outside the center. Choose any consultant and they will be happy to help you.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 2000 E Normal Kirksville MO 63501 United States
- Wednesday: 7:00pm-8:00pm
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the director in advance at (1-660-216-4383.)
Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Local histories provided by local historians are available in the center for review.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- The center includes one microfilm reader, one printer and 3 computers. A file with microfilms is available for use also.
Staff Research Specialties
One consultant has extensive experience researching the local area. Another consultant has experience in portions of Iowa.
Resources in the Local Area
Adair county has a historical museum for research as well as the local library. Putnam, Scotland and Sullivan Counties also have historical museums.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)