Kokomo Indiana Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 332 W 300 S Kokomo IN 46902-5123 United States
- We are on Center Road West of Hyway 31 behind I-Hop, Lucas Furniture, and the apartments.
- We recommend you call if coming a long distance to be sure the volunteer has made it in.
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the director at 765-438-8503 (evenings) or 765-453-7272 (days).
Closed Thanksgiving Week: Closed for Christmas and New Years Weeks:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog. You can also go to our public Library and order films. [Kokomo-Howard County Public Library]
- Within the Center we have MANY vital statistic films and fiche for Indiana and quite a few German, Slovak, and Irish films. We have a nice collection of New England Periodicals.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- We have five research computers, three microfilm readers, one film/fiche printer, and 3 fiche readers.
Staff Research Specialties
Indexing Specialist , New Family Search, Family Search Family Tree
Resources in the Local Area
There is a very good local Genealogy Library in downtown Kokomo
Almost every type of restaurant you can think of we have in Kokomo for your dining pleasure.
An excellent Historical Museum located in the Seiberly Mansion (ciraca 1898) in the 1200 block of West Sycamore Street ; The Haynes Museum dedicated to the first piston driven automobile next to Highland Park; and the Greentown Glass Museum in Greentown IN ( 15 minutes away.); and about 30 minutes north the Circus Museum in Peru and another Glass Museum.
Volunteer at the Center
Looking for computer literate and familiar with internet search techniques as well as good old fashioned sluething.