Lakeland Florida Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Lakeland Florida Family History Center is dedicated to helping patrons in their family research and genealogy. The center has fifteen volunteers eager to assist in your research. It also has a small library where you can find information on how to discover your family tree. You can use the library to order microfilm from the Family History catalog. Whether you are just learning about your family’s history or you’ve gathered extensive research, you are always welcome. The center is located in the Lakeland Stake Center and serves Lakeland's surrounding communities.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 5850 Lakeland Highlands Rd Lakeland FL 33813-2811 United States
- Directions to the Family History Center:
- Tuesday:9:00am-1:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday:9:00am-1:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursday:9:00am-1:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Closed between Christmas and New Years
- Closed Easter Sunday
- Closed for Mother's Day and Father's Day
Calendar and Events:
- Downtown Lakeland First Friday: First Friday of every month beginning at 6:00 P.M.
- Staff Training Meetings: FHC Roundtable: Second Saturday in January, March, May, July, September, and November 1:00 P.M. at the Lakeland Family History Center.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We're always looking for volunteers to help in the FHC. If you're interested contact Peggy Andersen by phone at 435-215-9149 or by email at email@example.com